Tech/Updating the Plugins List
The Plugins List is the list of plugins that is sent from the QSApp.com server to Quicksilver.
The list is created using the QS-Builder ruby script, and a separate list compiled for each combination of OS version / QS version pair.
The ruby script will need to be run, and the QSApp.com server updated when any of the following happen
Plugin Related Events
- A brand new plugin is released
- A plugin version is updated. Here we may need to check the compatibility of the plugin with previous QS version. If for example the new plugin adds a brand new feature, it should be available for previous QS users if possible. Maybe we assume it works for all versions -- unless stated (key in .plist?)
- A plugin is seen to break with a new QS version
- A plugin is seen to break with a new OS version
QS Related Events
- A new QS version is released. Any reports on broken plugins from users (we can't be expected to test them all). Ties to #3 above
- QS adds support for a new OS (new 'OS' folder (?))
- QS drops support for a new OS (remove an old 'OS' folder (?))
OS Related Events
- A new OS version is released (ties in with #4 in 1st list)