Quicksilver is a launcher utility app for Mac OS X which gives you the ability to perform common, every-day tasks rapidly and without thought. An introduction to Quicksilver's abilities include:
- Accessing applications, documents, contacts, music and much, much more.
- Browsing your Mac's filesystem elegantly using keywords and 'fuzzy' matching.
- Managing content through drag and drop, or grabbing selected content directly.
- Interacting with installed applications through plugins.
Find out about the Quicksilver Project and the team behind it.
What about Spotlight for Mac OS X?
Spotlight is fantastic and it certainly has its place, but it’s no substitute for Quicksilver.
- Spotlight knows about everything on your Mac. Quicksilver also knows about everything, but concentrates on the things you care about.
- Spotlight is about finding things. Quicksilver is about finding things (faster) then doing something with what you’ve found.
- Spotlight can show your dad’s entry in the Address Book. Quicksilver can show your dad’s work phone number, call it or send your dad a file.
- Spotlight forces you to think as you search. Quicksilver allows you to just start typing to get what you want.
Words from the Web
“Quicksilver is like carrying a light-saber and throwing robots across the room with your mind”,
“Quicksilver allows me to do near superhuman things with files and applications. It makes me a frakkin Ninja and my Mac a Ginsu Knife”.